Dreamforce 2012 – Salesforce.com’s 10th annual user conference – was held in San Francisco from Sep 18-21, 2012. Referred to as “The Cloud Computing Industry Event of the Year”, this spectacle of a conference had around 750 informative sessions with more than 350 partner companies and 90,000 attendees. Bigger than ever before and possibly the largest user conference organized by any IT company in history!
Going by the response of participants sampled from across the web, many of the attendees came away feeling very satisfied and positive about Salesforce.com innovations and its future direction. Some of the key takeaways to have grabbed the most attention include the following:
1) Work.com: Salesforce.com’s re-branding of Rypple as Work.com and making it a key investment area signals the transformative effect it will have on how work is organized and managed in organizations of the future. Work.com, already adopted by Salesforce.com itself among its 7000+ workforce, will result in more flexible, network-based (and less hierarchical) organizations that sell, service, and market better.
2) Community: A new Chatter-based product called Community is going to be launched in the summer of 2013 for Salesforce.com customers and partners. Chatter, initially targeting internal collaboration, is being broad-based in significant ways to eventually become the bedrock of external facing customer and partner communities. Community will entirely replace old customer/partner portal products, make the CRM experience more social for all stakeholders, and unlock possibilities of new revenue streams for businesses.
3) Marketing Cloud: Salesforce.com’s marketing cloud – a unified social marketing suite covering social listening, social content, engagement, social ads, measurement, workflow and automation – is getting immensely powerful and becoming a well-differentiated product.
This comprehensive end-to-end solution – with Buddy Media, Radian6, and CRM platform integration – will enable organizations to listen, connect, and align better.
4) Salesforce Touch: Salesforce Touch – in keeping with Salesforce’s early recognition of a multi-device and multi-context future – uses HTML5 to make its mobile strategy cross-platform. Salesforce Data.com Social Key, which unites enterprise and external contact data into a more meaningful global, is set to usher in a brand new paradigm.
5) Service Cloud Adoption: Salesforce.com’s Service Cloud is maturing into a great product (through multi-channel integration, third party app integration flexibility, social & mobile dimensions). With Service Cloud adoption steadily rising, it is well placed to gather further momentum and develop into a mega business.
In addition to the above, enhancements like Salesforce Chatterbox, Salesforce Identity, etc. seem to set the stage for great new possibilities.
We at Mindfire Solutions – a top offshore salesforce development provider with a fully-certified Salesforce development India team and a strong track record of serving Salesforce customers across diverse industries and business needs – are excited about the way Salesforce.com is transforming customer relationship management landscape to become the “enterprise nerve center”.
If you want to customize and/or extend Salesforce Customization Services help, get in touch with Mindfire today – call 1-248-686-1424 or email sales[@]mindfiresolutions.com – to leverage the solid experience of Mindfire’s trusted Salesforce Application development team to personalize and extend capabilities and build cloud apps.