World over in February young couples celebrate Valentines Day with laughter and promises of abiding enchantment. The ceremony knows no barriers and whether 4 or 80 years old, folks with hope adore the term “Will you be my Valentine.”
Mid- Feb heralded in ancient Rome, the coming of spring and even in pre-Christian times people celebrated a “fertility” festival with great joy. Much later the festival celebrated on Feb 14th was in honor of St. Valentine who is believed to have confessed a letter to his cherished on his death bed as “from your Valentine.”
Red hearts, charmingly covered chocolates, balloon bouquets, and so on flood the markets and most young men are in a quandary as to what will represent a “impressive gift.”
Here are a few ideas to set your creativity rolling:
1. Abandon all ideas of dinner in a crowded restaurant where couples will be fighting for space. Plan an exceptional “time for two” either on a patio over looking a garden or on a boat sailing down a moonlit river or sea. Choose to pack a picnic basket with foods that triggers off memories. For example perhaps the two of you had enjoyed chocolate donuts one day, or a pizza with toppings both love, or a cookie specially baked by you. Take along music or compose a song to sing to her. Serenade her like knights used to on bent knee.
2. If you have gathered lots of pictures or video clips of your time together then compose an album with specially written captions and a witty heading. You could even say “this gamine grimace enchanted me,” be original and let your imagination and sense of humor take wing.
3. If you are going to be away on Valentines Day meet online for a momentous chat. Make it a cyber date-the World Wide Web will close up the distances.
4. Avoid the run of the mill activities and plan to go to an amusement park or fair. Have a rollicking time on the roller coaster.
5. If you recognize of a movie she has been dying to see -get it and propose an evening enjoying the film.
6. If she loves gizmos get her a digital camera or video phone.
7. Don your apron and chef’s hat and cook an unique meal.
8. Pamper her by gifting her a session at a spa she loves.
9. Propose a weekend get-away and sequester her somewhere extraordinary.
10. Pot an exceptional plant for her. One that will grow and bloom along with your tie.
Valentines Day is exceptional so consider something exceptional. Most others will not have the spirit of adventure in them and try something different. They feel safer going with the crowd and presenting their delight with cards, red balloons, hearts cut out of red paper or fabric, Godiva’s chocolates, or a dinner in a favorite restaurant. Dare to be different and you will be memorialized.
Brought to you by water based lubricants